Do you want to work in cricket?
Well look no further, as Middlesex Cricket are looking to appoint four new apprentices in the Participation Team!
Job Title: Participation Apprentice (x4)
Job Category: Middlesex Cricket Participation
Location: Across 17 London boroughs of Middlesex
Travel Required: Yes
Remuneration: £9,000 per annum + expenses
Position Type: One year fixed term contract
Work Hours: 35 hours per week, including weekends and evenings
Date position posted: 21st February 2017
Posting Closes: 5th March 2017
Applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To inspire people to get active, have fun and build a lifelong love of Cricket!
You will be involved in exciting activities throughout Middlesex, gaining insight and experience into coaching and sports development as well as completing a diploma in active leisure & activity leadership NVQ.
You will be part of a dedicated Participation Team within Middlesex Cricket, working in one of the most vibrant cities in the world – London!
We are a county that embraces difference, pushes the boundaries on what can be achieved and wants to lead on the world stage. We believe in the power of sport, its ability to unify communities, to develop people and improve environments so that everyone can take part.
Do you want to be involved?
- Assist the delivery of an exciting new cricket programme for 5-8-year old
- Join a qualified coach in delivering sessions in Infant, Primary, Secondary and specialist SEN Schools
- Through coaching, help a young person to find clubs and community sessions to carry on playing cricket
- To umpire and score at Middlesex school and community competitions
- Help to deliver match day activation at the Home of Cricket, Lord’s and Middlesex CCC out-grounds
- Assist delivery of tape-ball cricket at our Street Hubs across the County
- Talking to members, community groups and cricket fans about what Middlesex Cricket can offer
- Assisting the development of cricket in 17 London Boroughs in accordance with the Middlesex Cricket Strategic Plan, contributing to the responsibilities of the Participation Team as directed by the Director of Participation
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Enthusiastic and committed to results
- Enjoys working as part of a team and meeting individual targets
- Enjoys talking to people and helping people to have fun!
- Enjoys learning and is excited about personal development
- Confident to travel by public transport to various locations
The role requires the candidates to obtain a Level 2 Cricket Coaching qualification, Safeguarding & First Aid certificates and a cricket-specific Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check. Middlesex Cricket will support all successful candidates to achieve the above.
To apply for the post please send your CV, along with a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role to: Katie Berry at email@example.com by 6pm on Sunday 5th March 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview at Lord’s Cricket Ground on the w/c Monday 13th March 2017
The successful candidates will start their role on Monday 3rd April 2017 subject to notice periods.