DIRECTOR OF CRICKET AT RICHMOND CRICKET CLUB
Richmond Cricket Club is one of London’s largest recreational cricket clubs. With a playing membership in the region of 600 cricketers (100 adults & 500 juniors), including a rapidly expanding girls section.
The Club has 5 Saturday league sides, playing the highest level of club cricket in Middlesex. The colts section has the balanced objectives of providing cricket for all and of developing individual players to their full potential. It is the biggest colts section in the county, has a new academy and has teams who have recently won and been runners up in county league and cup competitions. There are also growing numbers playing representative cricket for both Middlesex and Surrey.
Richmond Cricket Club now wishes to develop its coaching and management capacity through the appointment of a Director of Cricket (DoC), who will be involved in all areas of the club’s cricket, including running cricket camps during school holidays. This person will need to build upon the foundations that are in place and continue to grow and improve cricket at the club. The successful candidate will need to form a link between the junior and senior sections, ensuring colts are being developed and integrated into senior cricket. As a focal point of the club, applicants need to have good social, organisational, man-management and coaching skills. Some entrepreneurial and business skills would also be of benefit.
The DoC will have access to administrative support and be accountable to the Colts Chairman and to the Club Chairman. The DoC will agree performance targets covering the following: player development, participation, financial and standing of the club in the local community.
- Aid in the development, implementation and monitoring of the programmes for cricket - to fit the stated aims of the club that are a balance between cricket for all and the development of players to their full potential.
- Develop the provision of Girls Cricket at RCC.
- Improve and sustain the quality of cricket coaching across the Club.
- Design and run cricket camps during school holidays (Easter, Spring Half-term & summer holidays)
- Support RCC cricketers through the ECB performance pathway (Middlesex and Surrey programmes).
- Develop the relationship with Middlesex and Surrey County Cricket Clubs.
During the season:
- Act as Head of Colts Coaching working with the volunteer Age Group Managers
- Run the RCC Colts Academy • Head of Senior Coaching - develop and deliver the coaching programme for adult cricket, working closely with the team captains and the Deputy Chairman (Cricket).
- Oversee the coaching and management of the RCC U21 & Development Teams (Middlesex Development League).
- Play an important role within the partnership between RCC and Christ’s school, delivering cricketing sessions at the school.
- There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to become involved with Middlesex CCC Junior Development programme.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of coaching cricket to a high level in schools or clubs
- ECB Level Three coaching certificate or higher. RCC will consider a strong candidate who has level 2 certification and is committed to attaining level 3.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage others to deliver a rewarding cricketing experience for players when the DoC is not present
- Ability to run RCC Coaching as a business - delivering on performance targets for cricket development, participation and balancing the books
- High degree of professionalism including punctuality
- A supporter of the sporting ethos of Richmond Cricket Club
The position offers a highly competitive salary with significant potential to supplement income through private coaching and other possible opportunities.
Timing of appointment
Richmond CC is looking to make this appointment as soon as possible with the chosen candidate in post no later than 1st April 2017.
Applications should be made in writing, with a CV and personal profile attached, emailed to:
Chris Goldie, Richmond Cricket Club Chairman at email@example.com
and Rich Zotov, Richmond Cricket Club Colts Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO LATER THAN 3rd February 2017.
To download the full job description, please click HERE
For an informal conversation, prior to application, please contact one of the above to arrange a suitable time.